Local Mission Partners
Each year we serve with and give to each of the partners listed below.
We believe in their work, and they share our mission of making peace and justice.
Click the images below for more information.
International Mission Partners
About Our Madagascar Ministry
Dan and Elizabeth Turk are Presbyterian Mission Co-Workers. Dan grew up in the Sunday School classes at FPC Asheville. His mother is our long-time member Naomi Turk.
Through a partnership with local churches (FJKM) and our PCUSA churches, Dan has been developing a Fruit Tree Educational Center and Elizabeth has been involved with numerous public health initiatives in Madagascar. Over the years, the Turks have kept us informed of the health and wellbeing of our Malagasy brothers and sisters.
- Where to find Dan and Elizabeth Turk’s newsletters and updates and sign up to receive newsletters via email: https://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/missionconnections/dr-daniell-and-elizabeth-turk/
- Videos about fruit and health ministries in Madagascar for the November 2020 Madagascar Mission Network Conference
- The recent article “Fighting Poverty and Extinction in Madagascar” by Dan Turk and Rolland Razafiarison: https://www.presbyterianmission.org/together-justice/2021/06/02/fighting-poverty-and-extinction-in-madagascar/
- How to join the Madagascar Mission Network: send an email to the Communications Coordinator, Julie Rogers-Martin at email@example.com
- Our Presbytery is a partner of the FJKM church. Click here to read the letter from the Turks.
- PC(USA) Presbyterian Church (USA) (tax-deductible) – Designate “FJKM COVID RELIEF FUNDECO E052045″
- Make checks payable to “PC(USA),” noting the designation on the memo line.
- Send to: P.O. Box 643700 Pittsburgh, PA 15264-3700
- For online giving, visit: www.presbyterianmission.org/donate/ include the designation
- You can also give through our website HERE. Use the drop drown menu to select Madagascar
Guatemala Ministry Partner
About Our Guatemala Ministry Partner
We have long-standing relationships of prayer, support, and visits to the Eben Ezer Presbyterian Church in La Blanca, Guatemala.
Through the partnership shared by the Presbytery of WNC and two Guatemalan presbyteries, FPCA has been paired with our sister church, the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church in La Blanca, Guatemala.
The partnership has been founded on friendship, prayer and visits between members of our congregation. In 2008 we began a scholarship program with the Ebenezer congregation to support the many children and youth of La Blanca. Our older senior high youth have regularly sent delegations to Guatemala, learning much about the history and culture of this beautiful land.
Due to Covid 19 our last youth delegation which was scheduled for June 2020 was canceled. We anticipate rescheduling another trip in the future.
You can learn more about our partnership with the Ebenezer congregation, and other church partnerships and delegation trips within our presbytery here.